Advances in Forestry Research in India
ABOUT THE BOOK:
Forests have crucial impact on the economy of a nation, as they are an essential
source of various natural resources, apart from being temperature regulators and
a pertinent component of ecological sustainability.
This book has been written as a manual intended for forest management officers, guiding them on the latest advances in the methodology of forest research in India. The emphasis is on understanding how current trends and developments in the field have impacted the technical coordination on forestry. In addition, it gives scope for evaluating the concerns and issues associated with this field, particularly in assessing the role of forests in environmental conservation. The critical perspectives included in the book add yet another dimension to its breadth and range.
AUTHOR: R. K. Bhardwaj | ISBN: 9788189473761 | YEAR: 2009 | PAGES: 324 | SIZE: 14.5 x 22.5 x 2 cm. | BINDING: Hard | LANGUAGE: English
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
R. K. Bhardwaj, a prominent agricultural scientist and a seasoned
teacher, did his postgraduate diploma in agricultural science. He is the winner
of many scholarships and prestigious awards for his academic excellence. He has
over two decades of professional standing. A keen researcher and a nature-lover,
he has travelled all over the world.
Having worked with various pedagogical institutes, Dr. Bhardwaj has participated in many national and international conferences. He is also a dynamic environemntal activist devoted to environemntal protetcion. He has four published books and about twenty research articles to his credit. Currently, he is engaged in the research on genetically modified crops and in the work of his forthcoming book on agricultural biotechnology.
1. Introduction to Forest Research in India
2. Forestry Education and Research Trends
3. Elements of Forestry Research
4. Forest Products Utilisation Research
5. Methodological Forest Research
6. Appropriate Research for Forestry Development
7. Science and Technology in Forestry
8. Forest and Biotechnology: Research Trends
9. Silviculture and Forest Management Practices
10. Forestry and Rural Development
11. Forestry and Poverty Alleviation
12. Forest Fire Prevention
13. Changing Face of Forest Industry
14. Community Forestry Projects
15. Forest Services in India
16. Incorporation of Forestry Research into Agricultural Research
17. Support to Forestry Research